Destiny 99 Street





I was movin'
Now I'm stayin'
Who does this pre-arrangin'?
And the Lord he showed me Mercy
And she showed me 137
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.



Now Aunty's doin' mi ironin'
And down 99 I'm cyclin'
For my workin' time.


So we goin' out-a strollin'
The people, they be gazin'
Totally frickin' amazin'
Mi Ghanaian came to town.



A new dawn here is emergin'
Glassy towers, they be buildin'
The oily river is disgustin'


Now we're headin' out this evenin'
Leave the Ba'hi boys philosophisin'
And iced beers we be thinkin' can ease this heat...
I'm burnin'


So the wedding party's explodin'
Totally struck by lightnin'
A mesh of sizzlin' wirin'
The corner of 99.



Khmer karaoke I'm now hearin'
Pulsatin' through mi ceilin'
We barangs are overspendin'
The street vendor's glowin'
us confusin'.


The males are chattin' and bondin'
The girl she be gone dancin'
While the snail community's gatherin'
Through their nightly toil.



And life just keeps on seepin'
Through our kramazones.






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment